Thursday, August 30, 2007

AUGOST 2007

MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS:
1. Our new worship band is improving every day, just getting better and better. Please keep praying for us because we have seemed God’s power working through the worship of his people.
2. Next week we are going back to batey 9 for 5 days to do a sports clinic. It’s going to be great because the young community of Santiago that has never been there are going to have a humble experience when they see the way people live in the bateys.
3. Last Sunday I preached at church and my dead best friend´s mother accepted Christ as her lord and savior. This made my week, she is like a mother to me and I know that my friend Tony would have been really happy or her decision; I told her that and with almost tears in her eyes she said ¨yes, I know.¨
4. I translated for a New Testament teacher from Lincoln Christian College for a week. It was such a blessing for me because since I was translating all his knowledge, I stole some of his knowledge for myself. It was a great seminar.

PROJECTS WORKING ON:
1. We are planning to start working hard in or drama ministry, we are planning to start a full schedule of activities to go everywhere with the youth and the college age starting at the end of October.
2. In the worship band we are planning to prepare some English songs for the future. We are going to translate them and perform them in both languages at the same time.

PRAYER REQUEST:
1. For our new worship team.
2. I want God to develop my counseling abilities.

MINISTRY CHALLENGES:
¨¨To bring new faces for our college nights events.¨
FAMILLY NEWS:
• Samira fled the country yesterday because she might have to have the baby early. Please pray for her.

HOW IS GOD WORKING IN YOU?
He has set in my heart to improve the worship in my church… since he moment I took that responsibility he has been giving me many ideas to make things better. I am blessing to have a worship team that was put together by God because they all believe in what we can accomplish with this band. And they all see the big picture of the things that God wants to do through or worship band. I´m glad to be part of that vision, please keep praying for me and I´ll be dong my thing I love you all!!!
In Christ,
Isaias Gabriel

1 Comments:

Blogger alishasharayah said...

It sounds like God is really using you. That's so exciting! Love ya!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home